Access to the CFSP Business Center, S310, at The NAFEM Show in Orlando is open to all attendees with the CFSP designation. Each CFSP designee, plus one guest, is welcome to use the center for business activities and casual conversation. Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks are served each show day. Six private conference rooms (five rooms seat six people and one room seats 10-12 people) are also available and can be reserved
for on-site meetings. Conference rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
NAFEM’s Certified Foodservice Professional (CFSP) credential was
established in 1987. It is the most important industry certification
for foodservice professionals. Globally recognized and demanded, the
CFSP program enables organizations to compete more effectively by
providing a more knowledgeable, better qualified and more motivated team.
- raise the professional standards and quality of the foodservice industry;
- encourage continuing educational development among foodservice professionals;
- foster self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement in the foodservice industry; and
- award special recognition to those foodservice professionals who have demonstrated high levels of competence and ethics.
The CFSP program recognizes competence in all aspects of the foodservice
industry. If you’re an experienced professional looking to solidify your
skills, stand out to employers and maximize your advancement potential,
the CFSP credential is right for you.
There are several ways to earn recognition as an expert in the industry
through our CFSP program:
- CFSP In-person Course Package
Each August, a day-long CFSP overview seminar is offered at NAFEM's Chicago
headquarters office. The next NAFEM-hosted overview is Wednesday,
Aug. 23, 2017, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You are welcome to return on
Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017, 9 - 11:30 a.m., to take the exam. The overview & exam are no longer
offered during NAFEM or NRA shows.
The CFSP In-Person Course Package fee is $550/person and includes the
application fee, a copy of the 20-chapter textbook, An Introduction to
the Foodservice Industry, the one-day overview and exam. Login to
- CFSP Online Course Package
NAFEM’s online overview course allows you to take the course at your own
pace, from the comfort of your home of office. It is based on the CFSP
textbook, An Introduction to the Foodservice Industry, and features
14 hours of content. Passing the CFSP exam is still a requirement to
certification, and the test is administered manually.
The CFSP Online Course Package is $775/person and includes the application
fee, a .pdf copy of the review questions and glossary of terms from the
textbook, the online module and exam. To get an idea of the format and
content, watch the preview below.
- To become certified, you are required to document 35 points of foodservice
experience. (See where you stand by downloading and completing the Point Accumulation Worksheet .
- Once you have achieved the required number of points, decide whether you
will purchase the In-person or Online Course Package.
- Complete and submit your application and payment for the package of your
choice. IMPORTANT: You have one year to take the CFSP exam from the
time you purchase a package and submit the application!
- Successfully pass a written examination (score at least 75%) within one year of application.
- Current NAFEM Members and Non-NAFEM members interested in the CFSP Program should start here and follow the prompts to begin the process.
View a list of frequently asked questions
about the CFSP Program.